Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase items from these links, I will be paid commission at no cost to you.
I recently stopped into my local antique shop and found an awesome bundt cake pan. I went home and perfected a Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe. Something that Nana might have made.
While my recipe calls for powdered sugar to top the cake, you can add fresh berries, chocolate or most any drizzle you like. Perfect with morning coffee or a before bed snack. This Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake tastes even better when slightly warmed before eating. This is an easy vanilla bundt cake recipe that doesn’t take long to make.
Need a classic dinner to go along with this simple dessert? Check out my Easy Lazy Lasagna.
Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake
Ingredients – Yields 20 Servings
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place butter in a bowl, and beat until softened. If you have a KitchenAid Mixer, this tool will save some arm work.
- Beat in the sugar gradually.
- Beat in the eggs one by one. If the mixture looks curdled, that is okay.
- Add the baking powder and salt to the batter and stir just to combined. Do not over stir.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract into mixture.
- Add flour and milk
- Gently beat the mixture until batter is thick and smooth with only a few lumps.
- Thoroughly grease your bundt cake pan using shortening. Ensure to get every crevice.
- Add in batter to bundt cake pan as even as possible. Use the back of a spoon or spatula to smooth top.
- Bake the bundt cake (ensure to place your bundt cake pan on a cookie sheet) for 50 minutes, until it’s starting to brown. Use a toothpick to ensure the cake has cooked all the way through before pulling.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and gently loosen its edges. Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn over bundt cake pan onto a cooling rack. Cool another 10 minutes before slowly lifting cake out of bundt cake pan.
- Let the bundt cake cool to a warm temperature before adding sifted powdered sugar or other toppings over cake.
- Best served warm and enjoy.
Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe. An easy bundt cake recipe, perfect for parties, breakfast or dessert. A simple cake that everyone will enjoy.