This easy recipe peppermint bark is the perfect blend of cool flavor and rich white and milk chocolate. A great holiday treat for the family or even Santa. This went quick in our house. Plus, it is so simple to make. No need for a double boiler or ovens.
Easy Recipe Peppermint Bark
White chocolate peppermint bark candy has a wonderful, smooth flavor. It is rich and full. This dessert truly speaks “holiday”. And with a peppermint bark candy recipe, you’re sure to please a crowd.
- 12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12oz white chocolate chips
- 3 crushed peppermint candy canes
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush candy canes in a gallon storage bag with a rolling pin and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, pour in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and peppermint extract.
- In 30 second intervals, heat the chocolate chips until melted. About a minute and a half.
- Stir between intervals.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a thin layer onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Using another large mixing bowl, pour in the white chocolate chips.
- Melt these white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals as well. Stirring between each.
- Once melted, pour the white chocolate over the milk chocolate in a thin layer.
- Pour the crushed candy canes over the chocolate and press carefully into the layers.
- Set the entire baking sheet into the fridge for about 2 hours. Until candy is hardened.
- Once the candy is hard, break apart into small pieces to enjoy.