Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase items from these links I am compensated at no cost to you.
Fall is my favorite time of year. Pumpkin carving is just a part of the fun. If you’ve been searching for some great Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas, I have put together a FREE list below of where to find them. These links also have templates to help carve your prized pumpkins. Don’t forget the carving tools too!
Have more Halloween fun with these DIY Halloween Mason Jar Lanterns.
Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- Martha Stewart Living – Simple to more elaborate patterns.
- Beginner Templates by HGTV – Basic but fun templates for beginners.
- Family.com (Disney Templates) – Some of your favorite Disney Characters can be found here. I think we might give Olaf a try this year.
- Advanced Templates by HGTV – Need more of a challenge? HGTV has you covered again.
Tips for Pumpkin Carving
- When picking out your pumpkin, look for one with a stem that is at least 2 inches high. Don’t choose pumpkins that are dented or stemless because they might not being ripe. However, don’t let it stop you if your little one has their heart set on one.
- To help with keeping a pumpkin longer, use a solution of 1 TBS of bleach per quart of water in a spray bottle. Spray all cut areas of the pumpkin and the inside as well. Make sure you do this in a ventilated area. Let sit for 20 min or more. Rub all carved areas with petroleum jelly and wipe away excess with paper towel. This should keep away mold longer than usual. Just ensure your pumpkin is dry prior to lighting any candle inside. Check out more tips for How To Help Carved Pumpkins Last Longer.
- I also highly recommend using an LED candle instead for safety.