Our daughter’s first birthday party was “Minnie Mouse” themed, so we completed the decor with a Minnie Mouse Centerpiece for Birthday Party. This would also make great Minnie Mouse centerpieces for a baby shower.
The biggest item that got attention was the centerpiece created to look like Minnie Mouse ears out of Dum-Dums. It certainly is something that takes some time to make. You will need a TON of patience and A LOT of Dum-Dums (more than you think), but it’s so worth it. It’s a great conversation starter at the party and fun to eat. Here’s how to make a dum dum Minnie Mouse Centerpiece for a birthday party!
Minnie Mouse Dum Dum Topiary Tutorial
What You Need:
- (2) 5in styrofoam balls
- (1) 10in styrofoam ball
- sturdy wooden dowels
- Super Glue (check out my favorite crafting glue)
- 3 LARGE bags of Dum-Dums (you might need more)
- small clay pot
Easily snag some of the above needed items by clicking below. I honestly swear by Aleenes Original Tacky Glue. It has been a favorite in my crafting box for many years and many uses.
The items below might be found at your local craft store, but I’ve found the Styrofoam balls are not always easily found. Especially when they are out of season for floral arrangements. I have made it easy to find with these links below from Amazon. With Prime Membership, you’ll have these items in no time.
Floracraft Styrofoam Ball, 5-Inch, White, 1-Pack12 inch (30 cm) Smooth Foam Ball for Crafts, School and Modeling ProjectsWoodsies Dowels 12″-3/16″ 20/PkgAleenes Original Tacky Glue, 16-OunceDum.dums Original Pops5 – 4.25″ Clay Pots – Great for Plants and Crafts
How To Make Minnie Mouse Dum Dum Topiary/Centerpiece:
- Begin by securing the two 5in styrofoam balls to the 10in. Do this by inserting a dowel (or two) into the “ears” and instering them into the 10in styrofoam ball. You may want to use Super Glue to secure these.
- Begin inserting the Dum-Dums around the 10in ball. It will get very heavy so start here!
- Finish off by inserting Dum-Dums into the “ears”. You may need to cut some of the Dum-Dum sticks in half so they don’t push out the other side of Dum-Dums.
- Turn the clay pot upside down and decorate/embellish as you wish.
- Insert 3 dowels in a group on the under side of the 10in styrofoam ball and secure the entire centerpiece into the ceramic pot by turning it upside down and securing it on the bottom hole.
- Embellish the “ears” with a cute bow.
Want more party planning?
Check Out More of this Minnie Mouse Birthday Party!