Disclaimer: I am an ambassador for CK Mondavi. While I am being compensated for this post, all opinions are my own.
Get your game faces on with this Amazing Pizza Dip appetizer. With March being a major “game day” month, you’ll enjoy this recipe to share with guests. This dip is so simple and quick to make, you can have it done for any last minute invites. It will also be a crowd favorite with the gooey cheese and flavor. You’ll score with this one!
Pair this Amazing Pizza Dip Appetizer with CK Mondavi Wines
As I’ve mentioned before. I am proud to be an ambassador for CK Mondavi. Their mission is something I believe in, and their prices for wonderfully flavored wines cannot be beaten. I recommend three wines to pair well with this pizza dip appetizer.
- CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc
Tasting Notes: Sauvignon Blanc is always a crowd pleaser and pairs well with almost any food which is why its goes great with appetizers.
- CK Mondavi Pinot Grigio
Tasting Notes: Pinot Grigio is bright with balanced acid and pairs well with seafood, chicken and light sauces.
- CK Mondavi Moscato
Tasting Notes: Moscato is a sweet and juicy wine. Delicious with spicy foods or fruit.
I personally like to pair the Sauvignon Blanc with this appetizer because it almost tames the dryness wine and brings out the sweet flavor. However, each of these wines will pair well, based on their tasting notes. The spice of the pepperoni will pair well with the Moscato, and the Pinto Grigio will bring out the flavor of the sauce.
Get ready for a dip that will be filling and flavorful. The herbs and cheese blend beautifully. All with a kick of spice in the pepperoni. It also took only about thirty minutes to make. It doesn’t get any better than that. Check out more Game Day recipes and Game Day fun.
Amazing Pizza Dip Appetizer Recipe
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/3 tsp dried basil
- (2) 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 lb Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of Bridford pepperoni
Crackers of choice to dip.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- For the base, use a medium sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, oregano, parsley and basil.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with this mix.
- Cut about half of the block of Monterey Jack cheese into slices and lay over the base.
- For the filling, use another medium sized bowl to mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, garlic powder and sugar.
- Once well mixed, layer the filling on top of the base.
- Pour over the Parmesan cheese.
- Cut the other half of the block of Monterey Jack cheese into slices and lay over the Parmesan.
- Top with as many pepperoni slices as you would like.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Serve warm with crackers and enjoy!
Check out the post for more information about paring this with a delicious wine for your guests. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 166 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 272mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 8g
Check out the post for more information about paring this with a delicious wine for your guests.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Recipe Ideas:
- Raspberry Freezer Jam Recipe to Make Your Mouth Water
- Mid-Autumn Festival Sangria Recipe
- Easy Quick Apple Pie Recipe
- Tangy Steak Sauce Recipe