I am all for easy dinners when it comes to some of our weeknight schedules. My husband is working late, my daughter has dance class, no one can seem to get on the same schedule. You’ve been there.
On these nights, I like having a dinner that is easily accessible to “grab and go”, if needed. I’m a stickler for family time at the table, but let’s face it. That doesn’t always happen. If this sounds like your home from time to time, check out my Bacon Ranch Pizza Sourdough Sliders for a quick dinner on the fly. A very easy pizza recipe.
Bacon Ranch Pizza Sourdough Sliders
This recipe is something that can be out of the oven and ready in less than 30 minutes. If I do say so myself, it is delicious! Cheesy, savory and just the right amount of crisp crust to melt in your mouth. It kind of brought me back to the days when the busy day dinner was pizza rolls or microwavable french bread pizza. This is just far better for you. Not by much, but better than out of the box. It also reheats well for an easy lunch the next day.
Bacon Ranch Pizza is an explosion of flavor. That little bit of sour from the ranch, spice from the pizza sauce and savory goodness of bacon. My mouth is watering just typing that.
The other thing is this recipe is inexpensive to make. You don’t have to get something from the freezer aisle to make on busy nights when this recipe is easy and frugal. I literally spent under $20 for everything needed in this recipe. By regrowing my own green onions, those were essentially free.
Enjoy this sourdough pizza during the “on the go” evenings. It might not look like much, but it filled my family’s bellies while pleasing their taste buds. Nothing like a meal that hits the spot and not the pocketbook.
For more dinner recipes, check out this Creamy Caprese Pasta.
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2/3 cups ranch dressing
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook bacon to a crispy texture. Set aside to cool.
- Take the slices of sourdough bread and evenly lay them onto the cookie sheet.
- Mix together the pizza and ranch sauce into a small mixing bowl.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Chop green onions into small pieces and set aside.
- Coat each sourdough bread piece with pizza and ranch mix. Spread it over as if you were adding mayonnaise or peanut butter to a sandwich.
- Sprinkle each sourdough bread piece with the cheeses, then green onions and bacon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve right away, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO 3 Piece Good Grips Wooden Turner Set, Wood
- OXO Good Grips 7-Piece Nesting Measuring Beaker Set, Multicolored
- USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan, 12 Well, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
- Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
- Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set, 12-Piece, Agave Blue
- Westcott 13901 8" Straight Titanium Bonded Scissors, Gray/Yellow, 2 Per Pack