CHOC Walk in 2019 is happening very soon at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California on August 11th. This walk isn’t just any walk, however. CHOC Children’s has been meeting the needs of children and families with first-class care and state-of-the-art facilities since their founding in 1964.
Since 1964, CHOC Children’s has nurtured, advanced and protected the health and well-being of children through innovative care and state-of-the-art facilities. What started as a 62-bed children’s hospital – the first in Orange County – has grown into a pediatric health care system serving multiple counties. CHOC’s rapid growth in size and community impact should be of no surprise, given its leadership and steadfast commitment to defining the future of pediatric medicine.
The CHOC Walk is a source of funding for this non-profit hospital that is truly a beacon of hope for so many families who are going through difficult times. The walk helps ensure that families and children will continue to receive the prized care that CHOC gives. There are also fun incentives for those who participate thanks to “The Happiest Place on Earth”.
Here is what you can do to help:
- Sign up for the CHOC Walk! Early registration ends Monday, July 29th. You need to earn $85 by this date to walk. After that, registration will be $95. Walkers ages 2 and under FREE!
- Share your CHOC Walk preparations using #CHOCwalk for a chance to get featured on CHOC Walk social pages.
- Each participant raising at least $85 may present their CHOC Walk in the Park wristband to any designated Disneyland® Resort Ticket Booth to purchase (1) specially priced Disneyland® Resort 1-Day Park Hopper® ticket for $93 or 1-Day, 1-Park ticket valid at either Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park for $67, for use on this or your next trip to Disneyland® Resort. Restrictions may apply including block-out dates.
- FREE Parking at the Disneyland® Resort will be available for all CHOC Walk participants. Parking structure opens at 4:00 AM.
- Check out more incentives online.
We are blessed as a family to be fighting medical problems with our daughter that can be fixed. Still, it has been a struggle to find proper care and funding to give her the help she requires without frustrated tears. Places like CHOC make these moments easier for families who are struggling with so much more than we are.
As a parent, I sat here just before I wrote this with tears streaming down my face because I am in the midst of fighting our healthcare system for my daughter and being her advocate isn’t easy. I will fully support events like the CHOC Walk that ensure that mothers and fathers don’t have to sit here and experience this heartbreak over and over.
To not be told a week out from a much-needed surgery that they need to pay an upfront astronomical bill. To not have to face the decision of funding over the health needs of their child. To not feel this struggle of feeling like a failure as a parent as they fight for their child’s wellbeing. No more of that!
If you are near Disneyland, please consider this event as a part of your summer. This funding is everything for families. We live in such a world where making the choice of funds over a child’s health is becoming more of the norm. Hard-working parents are struggling and this is one way we can all easily help.
I want to thank Disneyland Resort and CHOC for this event to help families!