Arts and crafts time with our kids is very important. It opens the mind and gives bonding time between family. Holidays always call for fun projects. This DIY: Valentine’s Day Kid’s Canvas Art is simple, but enjoyable for everyone.
In order to create this fun decor for the kids’ room or anywhere in the house to display, you simply need painters tape, blank canvases (we used 11x14in), washable kid’s paint (for easy clean up) and small pain brushes. Follow the directions below and let your kids get creative with this. You’ll find the colors turn out perfectly. Our daughter is so proud of her artwork, it now hangs above her bed.
DIY: Valentine’s Day Kid’s Canvas Art
What You Need:
- Starting with a blank canvas, tear the painters tape to create lettering/shapes. We used “LOVE” and a heart shape.
- Rub the painters tape to the canvas to protect from paint bubbling under it.
- Once you’ve created the wording or design you would like, place the canvas in an area to paint.
- Using purples, pinks and/or reds of washable paint, pour a small amount on the canvas.
- Use a small paint brush (or fingers) and be creative. Mix colors, spread around, have fun!
- Once everyone is happy with their artwork, let the canvas dry overnight.
- Once dry the following morning, carefully remove painters tape from the canvas to reveal wording or design.
- Hang, display and enjoy!