Need an Easy Baked Ziti that can simply be cooked in your slow cooker? Make a large meal for everyone in the family or simply use up some pantry staples.
This isn’t your typical “baked ziti” that is done in the oven. With busy schedules of working from home and homeschooling, I am all about the simple cooking life. Some days, you just need your sanity.
Tips for Slow Cooker Pasta
- Always go for the high setting – When cooking pasta in the slow cooker, you want to set your high setting in recipes. This makes for a faster meal to the table and also ensures that pasta cooks properly.
- Use your sauce – Press the pasta into the sauce to ensure that it stays moist and doesn’t become dry. You probably will notice that some pieces of pasta sticking out against the slow cooker will become hardened.
What you need to make easy baked ziti
- pasta sauce of choice
- uncooked Ziti pasta
- Ricotta cheese
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil for garnish
How to make baked ziti in the slow cooker
Layer the bottom of your slow-cooker with uncooked Ziti pasta. Pour over the water and then pour over the pasta sauce.
Spread over the Ricotta cheese evenly. Layer in the shredded Parmesan cheese and half of the Mozzarella.
Cook on high for 1 1/2-2 hours. Once the pasta has softened, add the other-half of Mozzarella and let cook for another 20-minutes to melt on the top. Serve warm.
- 1-26oz pasta sauce of choice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups uncooked Ziti pasta
- 15oz Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-8oz package of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil for garnish
- Layer the bottom of your slow-cooker with uncooked Ziti pasta.
- Pour over the water.
- Pour over the pasta sauce.
- Spread over the Ricotta cheese.
- Layer in the shredded Parmesan cheese and half of the Mozzarella.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Once the pasta has softened, add the other-half of Mozzarella and let cook for another 20-minutes to melt on the top.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
- USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan, 12 Well, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware Bread and Meat Loaf Pan Set, 2-Piece, Gray