Football season is finally here, and I am one excited fan. Our family loves getting together to watch the game, eat and have fun. One of the games we enjoy playing is Football Squares. How about a fun twist by “Calling an Eatible”? Check out this Football Squares Game with Skittles®!
This will be a fun game to play with the kids during the game too. We all know that not all kids love to watch football but this can help keep them entertained.
Tailgate Party Game – Football Squares Game with Skittles
- Print out the scorecard on standard paper and trim the sides. Be sure to print in landscape mode.
- Fill out the two teams that are playing on the line above and to the side of the grid.
- Have everyone choose one Skittles color (red, blue, orange, yellow, green, purple). If you have more than 6 players, simply add more fun colors from Wild Berry Skittles.
- Let everyone fill in 16 random squares with their color. Some spots will be left open.
- Once the scorecard is filled, randomly select numbers 0-9 to fill across the top and side gray squares.
- The winner is determined by looking at the last number in each of the teams’ scores at the end of the quarter/game and then matching those numbers on the grid to see what square intersects those two numbers. An example would be if Team 1 had 32 points and Team 2 had 34 points, you would use the ‘2’ on Team 1 side and the ‘4’ on Team 2 side to intersect for the winner.
- There will be one winner for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarters. Each will win a bite-size Skittles. At the Final Score of the game, one person will take it all with the large bag of Skittles.
A little bit of friendly competition with a sweet outcome. Who said playing with your food isn’t fun? Easy tailgate games make for a fun party. Especially this football squares game with Skittles candy.