The holiday season is the perfect time to spend some extra family time together. Still, holiday travel can be stressful with increased travelers, emotions already on high and trying to get everyone where you need to be. Make it less stressful with these 5 tips for holiday travel. Plus, check out how the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL S-AWC is a great choice for a family car to travel in.
5 Tips for Holiday Travel with Mitsubishi
- Be Light – Try and pack most of everything in a carry-on, if you can. Room in the car is essential. If traveling by plane, this will make airport time less stressful to already have your bags.
- Be Homely – Take along a favorite pillow, blanket or travel candle to make your hotel room or guest room comfier.
- Be Early – It is far better to spend time checking out the gift shop at the airport or getting ahead of traffic than rushing anywhere
- Be Healthy – Wash those hands, take those immunity boosters. No one likes to be sick during busy travel.
- Be Ready – Be ready for road travel in a well thought out vehicle. Plan for space, charging cell phones, safety measures, and storage for packing. Here’s why the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL S-AWC is a great choice for a travel vehicle this holiday.
Top 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL S-AWC for Holiday Travel Specs
According to the specs, the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL S-AWC gets 25 mpg City/31 mpg Hwy. However, we noticed that thanks to the ECO setting, we were getting an even better gas mileage rate. After driving across town and well over 100 miles to Great Wolf Lodge and back, we were still at a half of a tank before returning the car from our test drive. I was impressed by how well this car did for long travel with family and suitcases in the car.
When traveling in a car, everyone wants their space and room. I will say that we were a little tight with two young children in a car seat and three adults (2 adults in the front, 1 adult in the rear optional third row), but it was doable. Plus, my mom loved the front heated seats. Who can complain about traveling in that comfort? I was glad to have the optional third row for our travel needs.
It was a bit of a challenge getting my husband in and out of the third row, but nothing unbearable for a short road trip. He did fall asleep in the back. He must have been comfortable in some sense of things having a row to himself. I’d say the optional third row is perfect every day for a family with older children, not having to worry about car seat latches and extra space.
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL S-AWC was a very smooth ride. I will say after test driving the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, I found it to be more of a steady drive. It went well over bumps and curves. It was also a very quiet drive going down a highway filled with semi-trucks and lots of rain.
There are a few additional features I would like to mention that we really enjoyed. I personally loved the automatic retractable side mirrors. This was great when parking in small spaces or just to generally have more room when packing the car. You know? That tight maneuver move when bringing out luggage and you’re parked near a pole. So nice not to have that problem!
The latest safety features including the backup camera, lane departure notification and Super All-Wheel Control are great for added assurance while traveling long distances.
It is always good to have peace of mind while driving with a great vehicle to aid you. The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL S-AWC is certainly a great selection if you’re looking for a new vehicle this coming New Year, or need a more reliable selection during your holiday travel this Christmas season.
More Family Travel Tips:
- Multigenerational Family Vacation Tips
- Ultimate Guide to a Disney Solo Trip
- Road Trip Travel Tips for Toddlers
- Spring Cleaning for Travelers
- 7 Ways to Be Comfortable in a Rental Car
Disclaimer: I received the opportunity to test drive the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL S-AWC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.