Lavender is a wonderful scent and herb to use. It smells amazing and helps relax. I wanted to try something new in my chocolate chips, so I infused them. Out came delicious Lavender Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The house smells amazing a day later with these in the house. My kids and husband love them too. The lavender really brings out the richness of the chocolate.
This recipe isn’t overpowering but has just enough to have that lavender flavor. Lavender is also rich in iron. An added benefit. These Lavender Chocolate Chip Cookies are a treat for home or a gift for a friend.
For more of my cookie recipes, check out my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
A few of my favorite items to use while baking:
Lavender Chocolate Chip Cookies
- baking soda
- baking powder
- culinary lavender
- softened butter
- brown sugar
- eggs (or 1 duck egg – 2 if small)
- vanilla extract
- bag of chocolate chips
1. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and lavender to combined. Set aside.
2. In a mixer, beat sugar and butter until smooth.
3. Add eggs and vanilla until creamy.
4. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix just until dough forms.
5. Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Place about 2 tbsp sized scoops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
9. Bake about 12 minutes until golden.
10. Cool and Enjoy!
TIP: I love using duck eggs in my baking. I’ve recently found this trick, but I think it will be tough to go back to chicken eggs. My cookies had a perfect chewy texture and set well. I tend to hit and miss with cookies setting properly, but since using duck eggs I have never had that problem again. If you have ducks or a local farm that sells duck eggs, give it a shot! I think you’ll find a positive difference too.
Would you like another dessert idea? Get this Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe.
- 3 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp culinary lavender
- 1 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs (or 1 duck egg - 2 if small)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and lavender to combined. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix just until dough forms.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place about 2 tbsp sized scoops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes until golden.
- Cool and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Baker's Secret 1061483 10-by-16-Inch Nonstick Cooling Rack, Set of 2
- Kootek 42 Pieces Cake Decorating Supplies Kit with 36 Icing Tips, 2 Silicone Pastry Bags, 2 Flower Nails, 2 Reusable Plastic Couplers Baking Supplies Frosting Tools Set for Cupcakes Cookies
- Hibery 2 Pack Stainless Steel Sandwiches Cutter, Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter, Food Grade Stainless Steel Biscuit Mold Cookie Cutter for Kids Suitable for Cakes and Cookie
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g