During spring break, the weather wasn’t very cooperative to head outdoors. Do you need a fun idea for things to do indoors? Here is a fun idea on a rainy day for how to make a lion mask paper plate craft.
This how to make a paper plate lion mask tutorial is pretty simple. Most of all, let your kids carry their imaginations. It doesn’t have to be perfect and it is all about enjoying time together.
Lion Mask Paper Plate Craft
What You Need
- brown colored felt
- orange and yellow colored paper
- white paper
- large paper plates
- string or thin elastic
- Cut two holes for eyes near the top of the paper plate.
- Tear up diamond shaped orange and yellow paper.
- Glue the torn paper around paper plate to make details of the face. Be sure not to cover up the eye holes.
- Cut out a triangle and two small “smile” shapes from the brown felt.
- Glue down the triangle upside down for the nose and the two “smile” shapes to create the mouth.
- Cut six strips of white paper to glue on for the whiskers.
- Cut strips of brown felt to create the mane. This can be as many or as little as you would like.
- Glue the brown felt strips around the sides of the paper plate.
- Punch two small holes on each side of the mask to weave through string or thin elastic.
- Let everything dry and enjoy having fun with this lion mask paper plate craft.
Purchase some of what you need here:
This fun kids activity is great for ages three-years-old and up. A lion mask craft can be used as a learning tool when learning about different animals, a rainy day craft idea, or anytime for imaginative fun. A few hours of crafting can make for hours of fun later pretending to be a lion.
Check out more kids craft ideas with this Handprint Mother’s Day Craft.