Mexican Chicken Salad is an easy recipe that is perfect for a barbecue side dish or a salad entree for dinner. If you’re looking for a quick and healthier choice for a meal, this salad will bring the flavor.
What is great about this meal is that it can also be converted into a taco-style mix. You can easily put this into tortillas if you would like. No matter if in a bowl or in a shell, this meal is tasty.
What can you serve with a Mexican Chicken Salad Recipe?
If you need more to add to your meal, add a soup or side bread with this salad. These are perfect matches for a cool rainy day.
Can you eat chicken salad hot?
What is needed to make Mexican Chicken Salad
- diced cooked chicken
- diced green peppers
- halved grape tomatoes
- sliced cucumbers
- kidney beans
- taco seasoning
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Mexican Chicken Salad
In a medium-sized pan, cook diced chicken with taco seasoning until done. Add kidney beans and cook until softened.
In a large bowl, mix in green peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn. Drizzle with a bit of lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
Mix in chicken and bean mixture. Stir everything together well.
Serve in bowls or add to tortillas. Serve with soup, chips, or bread on the side.
Enjoy as a dinner entree or add more to the serving for a perfect backyard barbeque side-dish. Enjoy a healthier meal without the fuss. Who doesn’t enjoy a great salad on a warm summer day? I know I do.
- 2 1/2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup of halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers
- 3 cans of kidney beans
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pan, cook diced chicken with taco seasoning until done.
- Add kidney beans and cook until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix in green peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn.
- Drizzle with a bit of lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Mix in chicken and bean mixture.
- Stir everything together well.
- Serve in bowls or add to tortillas.
- Serve with soup, chips, or bread on the side.
The recipe can be served either warm or cold after storing it in a refrigerator at the proper temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips 7-Piece Nesting Measuring Beaker Set, Multicolored
- Premium Plastic Mixing Bowls (Set of 3) Sizes: 1.5, 3 & 5 QT - With Non Slip Bottom & Pouring Spout. For Healthy Cooking & Baking, Nesting and Stackable Free Bonus - measuring cup
- Food Serving Bowl Set: 3 Tier Metal Display Stand with 3 White Stoneware Bowls | Dessert and Snack Server by Chef’s Medal
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.