Oogie Boogie Bash is coming to Disney California Adventure this year as a brand new way to celebrate the Halloween season at Disneyland Resort. How exciting! This Guide to Oogie Boogie Bash will share what new things are coming to the party and how you and your family can enjoy all of the exciting attractions.
I enjoyed Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland but I really enjoyed the layover they had at Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. When Disney Parks announced the change to Disney California Adventure, I immediately thought this was the best idea for the Halloween party. The park is spacious, compared to some areas of Disneyland, and this party will be spectacular with World of Color having its own layover.
A Guide to Oogie Boogie Bash
Oogie Boogie Bash for Kids
There are plenty of activities happening for kids during Oogie Boogie Bash:
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat – Perfect for little monsters, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Guests will enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Villains Grove – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world inspired by Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail will become Villains Grove, tricked out in a dreamlike environment perfect for kids to explore. This family-friendly experience will entice your children with a series of Halloween scenes, each creating a not-so-scary symphony of sound, light and shadows for adults and little ones to explore together!
- Immersive Treat Trails – Families can take their tiny tykes trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Little ones will be able to see Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” and even Oogie Boogie himself! Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for children of all ages to enjoy.
Oogie Boogie Bash for Everyone
Let’s be honest, we adults (big kids) love the treat trails too but there is also a parade and new show being added into the spooky mix!
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – Everyone will love dancing along to this fan-favorite parade coming to Disney California Adventure Park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route. You all will love seeing their favorite characters dance and singing to the spell-binding songs of the Halloween season! This is a not to miss parade and get a seat early so you don’t miss seeing the Headless Horseman. The best part!
- “Villainous!” – You will love watching the twisted tale about the young girl Shelley Marie in the new “World of Color” nighttime spectacular. This Halloween story takes Guests on an unforgettable journey through devious encounters with The Queen, Ursula, Dr Facilier, Hades, Jafar, Maleficent and more! Children will be dazzled with the special effects—from the fountains and lights to lasers and projections. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us!
- DescenDANCE Party – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” movies.
- Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!
Dates for Oogie Boogie Bash
Remember that Oogie Boogie Bash only runs during select nights from September 17th-October 31st, so you will want to get your tickets soon before they sell out!
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
Get Into the Park Early Before the Event
One of the best things about purchasing tickets for this kind of event is that you can get into the select park early prior to the start of the event. Oogie Boogie Bash officially begins at 6 pm PT, but tickets holders can get into the park three hours before the event starts on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding Oct. 29 and Oct. 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus Oct. 29 and Oct. 31.
The number of tickets available is limited and valid only for the specific event date and hours. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, per event date. Tickets not required for Guests ages 2 and under. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for a commercial purpose.
Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; so be sure to check special event costume guidelines at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress for restrictions before you purchase anything. You don’t want to invest in something that cannot be worn into the parks. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.
This special event for Halloween at Disneyland is going to be a blast! Like I mentioned before, I loved Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland but I think Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure is going to be incredible. Especially World of Color being transformed as it will be.
Cars Land Halloween and Haunted Mansion Holiday will still be available to enjoy this Halloween season too. Two layovers that are a must-see at Disneyland Resort.
More Disneyland Tips:
- Disneyland Trip with Friends- Why You Should Take One
- Disneyland Parking Fee – Is It Worth It?
- My Favorite Snacks at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park