This recipe for Peanut Butter Dog Treats is the perfect gift for your fur baby. Dog treats are not hard to make and this super easy peanut butter dog treat recipe will have your four-legged friend howling for more.
I made this homemade peanut butter dog treats recipe for our dog lover neighbors and their three pups. Of course, my own dog side-eyed me into making some for her too. Dogs love these soft and chewy treats that are easy on their teeth too.
Easy to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe
If you’re on the hunt for an easy recipe for dog biscuits, you’ve found the right one. Bake these up in one afternoon for gifts and treats. Dogs cannot resist the peanut butter and molasses flavor.
How to Store Homemade Dog Treats
I recommend storing these in an airtight container in the fridge. They can easily last up to two months this way. You can also freeze them for up to eight months.
This recipe creates 2-dozen cookie-sized treats so if you are making this for a special dog at home, freezing them might just be the way to go.
How to Make Homemade Dog Biscuits
Start by preheating your oven to 350° F.
Combine peanut butter, molasses, milk, whole wheat flour, and baking powder into a kitchen mixer. Mix well until the batter begins to remove itself from the sides.
Put the dough between two sheets of parchment paper for even rolling of the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
Using your favorite cookie cutter or bone-shaped cutters, cut out the dog treats and lay on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for about 17-minutes and do not over bake. Let the dog treats cool completely on a wire rack before serving or storing.
These homemade dog biscuits are so easy and even make the house smell great. You have to remind yourself that these are for the furry friends.
If you need a Christmas gift idea for the dog, consider making this recipe to box up for under the tree.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Start by preheating your oven to 350° F.
- Combine peanut butter, molasses, milk, whole wheat flour, and baking powder into a kitchen mixer.
- Mix well until the batter begins to remove itself from the sides.
- Put the dough between two sheets of parchment paper for even rolling of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using your favorite cookie cutter or bone shaped cutters, cut out the dog treats and lay on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 17-minutes and do not over bake.
- Let the dog treats cool completely on a wire rack before serving or storing.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months or in the freezer for up to 8 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips 7-Piece Nesting Measuring Beaker Set, Multicolored
Premium Plastic Mixing Bowls (Set of 3) Sizes: 1.5, 3 & 5 QT - With Non Slip Bottom & Pouring Spout. For Healthy Cooking & Baking, Nesting and Stackable Free Bonus - measuring cup
Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g