A Ribbon Height Poem Ornament is a great gift for parents, grandparents, and even teachers. This is a very simple way to treasure your child this holiday season. Similar to the ribbon height ornament, I created this keepsake to be treasured for a lifetime.
The cord inside the ornament is the same height as your child this Christmas. It is something they can sit down and create with you in just a short period of time. Homemade Christmas ideas are the best!
Be sure to keep scrolling to the end of this post for all of the instructions and the ribbon height ornament printable!
Personalized Ornaments for Kids
My mom helped with this idea as homemade Christmas gifts that kids can make. We loved the ribbon height ornament idea but wanted it to be more of a keepsake than what tied the ornament to the tree.
The kids had so much fun making these with us. Personalized ornaments for kids are something my daughter, Annie, gets excited about because they are a special part of her that she can give.
She’s really into wrapping gifts this year. Even her own toys to give to everyone. She is such a sweetheart.
How to Make Ribbon Height Ornament
I have created a printable tag with the Ribbon Height Poem that you can tie on these personalized ornaments for kids.
Simply print them out on heavier card stock paper, cut, and punch a hole to weave twine through to attach to the DIY personalized ornament.
Fill out the stats of each child to mark the year. A wonderful way to create a timeless memory of how tall your child is this Christmas.
Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts, and Uncles, there are so many family and friends that will enjoy this gift from your child.
Also, if you do not celebrate Christmas or have another holiday you enjoy, don’t worry! Thanks to a special request that I just adored, I have created a “generic version” of the ribbon height ornament printable poem that you can print.
For more great homemade Christmas ideas, check out my DIY Mason Jar Lid Christmas Tree.
This is an adorable idea that is simple and gives that farmhouse feel to any home. I love decorating with Mason Jars all year long. Not just for gift giving.
Also, don’t look far for fillable ornaments. Grab some of my favorites below.
Buy the fillable ornaments here for the How Tall I Am Ornament:
More Favorite DIY Christmas Crafts:
- DIY Mason Jar Lid Christmas Tree
- Cookies in a Jar Gift – Reindeer Craft
- DIY Santa Milk Jug
- Santa Cookie Jar
- Front Porch Christmas Decor Ideas
- Using the crafting cord, have your child stand up tall and straight and measure their height with the cord. Cut to size.
- Use a small amount of tape to wrap around the ends of the cords to keep them from unraveling before putting them into the ornament.
- Remove the top of the ornament and carefully stuff the crafting cord into the ornament.
- Replace the top of the ornament.
- Print the printable and cut out each tag.
- Punch the hole and weave in twine to attach the tag to each personalized ornament.
- Use just enough of the leftover crafting cord to tie at the top of the ornament to hang on the tree.
- Give as a gift to a parent, grandparents, or loved ones.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.