A focus our family has this summer is getting to know where our foods come from and this Strawberry Salsa Recipe is a perfect summer snack.
How You Can Summer Snack and More
Now that we’ve got the strawberries home and on the table, how can we use them for better snacking this summer?
Be sure to buy your strawberries at peak season for the best flavor. Usually April through June.
You can purchase a bulk amount and freeze them too; for use throughout the year.
Strawberries are perfect for jams, desserts, and even salsa; which I’m going to share with you here in a minute.
Need a fun way to show your kids where their food comes from?
With California Giant, you can enter the trackback code from your recyclable berry container on their website and virtually visit the farm where those berries were grown.
How cool is that?!
Let’s get busy with a strawberry salsa summer snack!
Strawberry Salsa Recipe
Ingredients (Scroll to Recipe Card for Measurements)
- chopped California Giant strawberries
- Balsamic vinegar
- freshly chopped lemon thyme
- freshly chopped basil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- blackberry honey
Recipe for Strawberry Salsa
Mix the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, lemon thyme, basil, and salt, and pepper into a medium-sized bowl.
Mix until all ingredients coat the strawberries. You want to ensure everything is mixed well to pull out all of the flavors.
Add the blackberry honey to the mixture and coat. Serve with fresh tortilla chips for the perfect summer snack.
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for about five days.
- 4 cups chopped California Giant strawberries
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp freshly chopped lemon thyme
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp blackberry honey
- Mix the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, lemon thyme, basil, and salt, and pepper into a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients coat the strawberries.
- Add the blackberry honey to the mixture and coat.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips for the perfect summer snack.
- This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for about five days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are not always accurate.