If you’re celebrating it the Friday after Thanksgiving, it is a great way to get the leftovers eaten up. Bonus for returned fridge space and Tupperware! Not to mention, serving up some Stuffed Sausage Biscuits with Habanero Cheese and Apples.
Ever heard of Friendsgiving? I hadn’t either until recently, but it is such a fun idea!
In a nutshell, Friendsgiving is celebrated the Wednesday before or Friday after Thanksgiving. It is a way for friends to get together and enjoy a relaxed company.
Johnsonville is “on it” this year with a great variety of new Naturals Sausage. A perfect way to enjoy brats, Italian sausage, and breakfast sausage in a more healthy way.
With 100% all-natural ingredients, why not serve up some delicious Stuffed Sausage Biscuits with Habanero Cheese and Apples for a Friendsgiving breakfast?
If you have leftover dough from the rolls and apples from baking the pies, you already have a head start on this delicious breakfast or added spice to the breadbasket.
Stuffed Sausage Biscuits
You will need six links from a package Johnsonville Naturals Original Breakfast Sausage, one can of crescent roll dough, four slices of habanero cheese, one small apple (I used Honeycrisp) and some sage.
Ranch dressing makes a great dipping sauce with these.
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°. You will need to skin, core, and thinly slice your apple.
I personally like to use the Johnny Apple Peeler TM by VICTORIO VKP1010, Suction Base (affiliate link). It makes it easy to core, skin, and slice apples at once.
Then, roll out crescent roll dough to create rectangular shapes.
Lay the slice of cheese, one apple slice, and two sausage links over each rolled dough. Use a pinch of sage over each for flavoring.
Roll up the dough over the contents and pinch the sides as close as you can.
I covered my baking pan with parchment paper for easier handling. Place each biscuit onto the baking sheet and bake for about eighteen minutes.
Ensure sausage is thoroughly cooked and the dough is golden brown.
Once baked, let cool on the baking sheet for about three to five minutes. Then cut each biscuit into threes.
Serve on a platter with a bowl of a ranch for dipping and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments what you think of Johnsonville’s new Natural Sausage line and my Stuffed Sausage Biscuits with Habanero Cheese and Apples.
I’m personally enjoying the flavor.
This recipe was great with the savory sausage (you could really tell the difference in the more natural ingredients – more meat flavor), a hint of spice in the habanero cheese, and ending in a cool flavor with the apple and sage.
I hope you have a very happy Friendsgiving with friends you love!
- 6 links of Johnsonville Naturals Original Breakfast Sausage
- 1 can of crescent roll dough
- 4 slices of habanero cheese
- 1 small apple (I used honeycrisp)
- ranch dressing for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice small apple thinly (also removing skin), or use a apple corer and slicer.
- Layout crescent roll dough in 4 rectangular shapes.
- Lay over one piece of cheese over each.
- Then lay over a slice of apple over each.
- Top off with two links of Johnsonville Naturals Original Breakfast Sausage over each.
- Sprinkle over a pinch of sage over each.
- Roll each biscuit together so that dough covers all of the ingredients, pinch sides shut.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes until sausage is fully cooked and dough is golden brown.
- Let cool on baking pan for about 3-5 minutes.
- Cut each biscuit into threes and serve with ranch dressing for a zesty topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
- OXO Good Grips 7-Piece Nesting Measuring Beaker Set, Multicolored
- Premium Plastic Mixing Bowls (Set of 3) Sizes: 1.5, 3 & 5 QT - With Non Slip Bottom & Pouring Spout. For Healthy Cooking & Baking, Nesting and Stackable Free Bonus - measuring cup
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are not always accurate.