I am always experimenting with new recipes in my kitchen. My first goal is to always make them quick and easy. This zucchini casserole is sweet and savory. Something different for a quick family meal.
I was really shocked that a meatless dish would be so filling. Zucchini casserole has become a dish our family loves. Especially during the summer months when eating a heavy meal doesn’t sound appealing. Baked zucchini recipes rock!
The other thing about this recipe is that it is a cheesy zucchini casserole. Who doesn’t love cheese?
Sweet and Savory Zucchini Casserole
Start this recipe by preheating the oven at 350° F. Cube four slices of Oat Nut Bread. This type of bread gives a little of that “sweet” factor to the recipe.
Lay the cubed bread pieces on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Cut four fresh zucchini and lay them over the bread.
Purchase some of my favorite cookware items:
Melt 1/4 cup of butter and pour over the zucchini and bread. Add one medium chopped onion and two cups of shredded Parmesan cheese. Add one beaten egg over the top and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. With a large mixing spoon, carefully mix together the ingredients in the casserole dish to cover everything with the egg.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for thirty minutes. Remove foil and bake for another thirty-minutes until bread is golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy this Sweet and Savory Zucchini Casserole!
- 4 Slices Oat Nut Bread
- 4 Zucchini
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven at 350° F.
- Cube four slices of Oat Nut Bread.
- Lay the cubed bread pieces on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cut four zucchinis and lay them over the bread.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter and pour over the zucchini and bread.
- Add one chopped onion.
- Add 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Add one beaten egg over the top.
- Add 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- With a large mixing spoon, carefully mix together the ingredients in the casserole dish to cover everything with the egg.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes until bread is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- OXO 3 Piece Good Grips Wooden Turner Set, Wood
- OXO Good Grips 3 Piece Squeeze & Pour Silicone Measuring Cup Set
- Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set, 12-Piece, Agave Blue
- Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
- OXO Good Grips 7-Piece Nesting Measuring Beaker Set, Multicolored
- Premium Plastic Mixing Bowls (Set of 3) Sizes: 1.5, 3 & 5 QT - With Non Slip Bottom & Pouring Spout. For Healthy Cooking & Baking, Nesting and Stackable Free Bonus - measuring cup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 125
Need dessert? Check out my Mixed Fruit Croissant Dessert Casserole. YUM!