When planning a Disney World vacation, one of the first things you think about is where you will be staying. There are many resort hotels to choose from while staying at Walt Disney World. From hotels that feel more relaxed to family-friendly hotels. With all, there is to do with the Walt Disney World Resort, who would think there are more things to do at Disney World hotels? There are plenty!
So, what to do at a Disney World hotel? If you have some downtime to enjoy your resort, take advantage of it. There are many things to do at Disney World hotels that you can’t do anywhere else. The themed pools alone are perfect to take advantage of. No matter if I have stayed at a Value or a Deluxe hotel I have had a great time with the different Disney World hotel activities.
POP Century is always hopping at the pool with lifeguards who entertain with competitions. Animal Kingdom Lodge has beautiful pathways to discover. Yacht and Beach Club has movies on the beach. There is so much to do! You could spend an entire vacation with things to do at Disney World hotels.
Things to Do at Disney World Hotels
- Time at the Pool – Many Disney resorts offer pools beyond your dreams. The water parks are fantastic but you can certainly have a great time at the themed pools at each resort. For the adults, most resorts offer at least one poolside bar to enjoy. Great for evenings to relax after a long day at the Parks.
- Free WiFi Access – Need to get some work done or just want to surf the net for a bit while the family relaxes? All Disney resorts offer free high-speed internet access. Take advantage of the lobby or your balcony if you have one to prop up the feet and spend some time online in peace.
- Dining – I personally believe the hotel restaurants are often discredited. They often are less crowded with reservations than those at the parks. Minus the few popular and well-known names such as Chef Mickey’s and California Grill. Even if you’re not staying on property, you can snag a reservation. It also gives you a chance to resort hop and take a peek at the beauty of each resort.
- Spas and Salons – Select Walt Disney World Resort hotels offer spas and/or salons to enjoy some relaxing downtime during your stay. Zahanati Massage and Fitness Center, for example, offers spa services, massages, and even fitness equipment if you are looking for a workout. Try 407-WDW-SPAS for more information.
- Recreational Activities – As I mentioned above, fitness centers are available at some resort hotels. Other selections at some locations include things such as boating, arcades, campfires, kayaking, bike rentals, golf and more. Be sure to check with your travel agent for more information on how you can plan some fun activities at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel that you never thought possible while on property.
- Fireworks from a New Perspective – Some locations offer viewings of the fireworks right on their grounds. Grand Floridian Resorts and Spa offers a couple of different areas on their grounds where Magic Kingdom’s fireworks actually can be seen and heard from their speakers of which they pipe in the music. Other places, such as Boardwalk, you can easily catch Illuminations Reflections of Earth of Epcot. Take in a new way to view the stunning and dazzling shows Disney does so well every night.
- Shopping – Everyone loves looking for that gift to take home no matter if it is something special for someone else or a way to keep their own memories with them. Be sure to check out the gift shops. Every resort offers different themed items specific to their location.
- Walk the Grounds – The grounds of many resort hotels are beautiful. Every single one offers different themes and special touches that are like no other place on the property. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge offers pathways that are beautiful to walk in the evenings. You might even stumble upon stories being told around a small campfire.
- Photography – If you love taking photos, enjoy a peaceful morning taking in the details. From beautiful gardens to fun and colorful sculptures, Walt Disney World resort hotels offer many things to capture the eye. Create beautiful pictures to bring home with you while taking in a quiet moment.
- Room Service – One of the best things you can do is order breakfast and just enjoy some downtime via room service. If your room offers a balcony, step out and enjoy your morning coffee while listening to the sounds of the property. The low hum of the magic waking up in the morning. Hours vary by location but some properties do offer 24-hour service.
Those are just a handful of ideas of things to do at Disney World hotels. I always tell people that you really need to stay for a month to enjoy everything there is to offer or at least visit several times.
If you have the time though, take a minute to check out what your resort hotel has to offer. If the Parks get to be too much, there are plenty of fun and not so crowded things to enjoy right at home during your stay.
More Walt Disney World Tips:
- Best Places to Get Ice Cream at Walt Disney World
- What to Do on Walt Disney World Arrival Day
- Yacht vs Beach Club at Walt Disney World
- 10 Tips for Your First Disney Cruise
If you’re traveling with kids, check out my Walt Disney World Park Tips for Parents. I hope this information is helpful in planning your Disney travel.
Make the most of your stay with our friends at Get Away Today. Book with them today!