Do you ever wonder what a toddler packed lunch needs when on the go? I’ve teamed up with OXO Tot to share toddler packed lunch essentials thanks to some of their great items listed below that we got to try. It is important to be prepared when out with the kids and some of these items will help in preparing lunch for toddlers while out and about.
First of all, I recommend finding a reusable bag you might have in the house. Pack a few items that you will always use and cannot spoil. Things like a water bottle, wipes and an extra pair of clothes. Pack these items into a reusable bag and keep them in the car.
This way, you always have some spare items if you run out, forget to pack a bag in a hurry, etc. The extra pair of clothes comes in handy when lunch for toddlers becomes messy. Don’t forget to check frequently if the extra clothes still fit too.
Toddler Packed Lunch Essentials
When we go out, I like to pack some toddler packed lunch basics that make the day easier and more fun. Especially when we head to the park or the beach. Here is a list of some of the things in our toddler lunch box, so to speak.
- Beach Towel – I always pack one of these in case we need to sit in the grass or other areas that might soil our clothing. I even like having it for those “just in case” moments of pulling over to change the toddler in the hatchback. It is also great for any major spills.
- Water Bottle – This is for both you and the kids. The Straw Cup (7 oz.) by OXO Tot is just the right size for smaller hands. The no-slip grips make it easy to handle too.
- Hand Sanitizer – Always great for the moments when you can’t wash your hands right away.
- Wipes – Wipes are a big deal. Seriously, I love them for everything. I personally prefer the On-the-Go Wipes Dispenser w/ Diaper Pouch. It holds up to 20 wipes and 5 diapers. You can even use cloth wipes in the casing if you prefer. It is very easy to load the wipes into the dispenser. It hooks onto my bag for easy access to both diapers and wipes. Those who take care of kids can understand what it is like to fumble around with a squirming toddler, diapers, and wipes.
- On the Go Utensils – I really like the OXO Tot On-The-Go Fork & Spoon Set with Carrying Case. The carrying case makes it very easy to replace the utensils back into the box and take them home for washing. It helps separate the mess.
- Little One Foods – If you have a toddler who is just transitioning from soft foods, the OXO Tot Glass Baby Blocks Food Storage Containers with Silicone Sleeves are awesome. They can be easily stored in the freezer. Throw one or two into a lunch bag and by the time it is time to eat, the foods will be thawed and ready to go.
- Snacks – Don’t forget the snacks. The Flippy Snack Cup with Travel Cover is a great choice for holding snacks for the kids. I was happy to find that it had a travel cover to protect the snacks inside while not in use. I also like the curved handle for easy handling by my toddler. The flexible opening also keeps snacks from spilling in the car.
When you get home, don’t forget to empty the bag, put away unused snacks and put dirty clothes in the laundry. I also recommend using the Cleaning Set for Straw & Sippy Cups, from OXO Tot, to clean the water cups. This set is great for getting into sippys, straws and those hard to reach areas of the lids. I always hand-wash our sippy cups and straw cups, but they can easily become nasty in the rings, straws and other openings. This cleaning set was well thought out to tackle any kind of child’s cup.
I am sure there are other great toddler packed lunch essentials that you can think of. These are just a few of our favorites. I hope this list has helped inspire what to pack for a family outing. Start planning the fun outside to enjoy the sun!