Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Should you purchase items from these links, I will receive a commission at no charge to you.
Being a busy family, I completely understand that getting dinner on the table can be a chore. We all get to the eleventh hour sometimes. This is why I have compiled my ” Top Kitchen Appliances for Busy Families “.
Each of these ideas also makes great wedding or housewarming gift ideas. Some of these items I’ve had since my wedding, and I now use almost daily for our family that has grown. The world is an incredibly busy place, especially with active families. However, with some of these tools in your kitchen, you should be able to still easily make a home-cooked meal.
If you need more tips on keeping up with a busy family schedule, check out these 7 Quick Cleaning Tips.
Top Kitchen Appliances for Busy Families
- Slow Cooker – A classic appliance, but well used and needed in a kitchen. People might argue that they only pull out their slow cooker during the colder months. However, I can assure you that once you’ve had a great meal that you virtually cooked hands-free, you will be in love with using this appliance any time of the year. Just make sure to do your research and find a slow cooker that best fits your needs and cooks evenly.
- Electric Steamer – Perfect for steaming vegetables and other foods. Creating a healthier way of cooking. I find steaming things (like vegetables) is a much easier way of cooking. I simply set the timer according to the settings and let it do its thing. Everything always comes out perfectly, and I am no longer babysitting a stove or microwave.
- Apple Peeler – This gadget is a must in the kitchen if you often bake or have little ones who love fresh apple slices. An apple peeler makes it easy to quickly peel and core an apple as it slices. Great for pies or even pureeing homemade baby food.**Update** If you have a KitchenAid mixer, I highly recommend getting the KitchenAid KSM1APC Spiralizer Attachment with Peel, Core & Slice. This attachment makes it so simple to peel, core and slice apples and many other fruits and vegetables. I’ve traded in my hand tool for this one. One of my new favorite top kitchen appliances for busy families.
- Stand Mixer – These things are heaven. Just heaven. Hands-free, heavy duty mixing will never get better. There are debates on who has the best brand of stand mixers. It is pretty well known, however; that most last for many years. Mine was purchased used but never used. It had sat in a box for years. It has been holding up for many uses since.
- Oxo 7 Piece Measuring Beaker Set – This measuring set is a genius. They make life so much easier by having some of the popular measurements (i.e. 2/3 cup) already measured out. Plus, I love the beaker shape because I can easily shake down the ingredients without spilling. It is a great set to have.
- Dutch Oven and Iron Skillet – I put these two together because they are both what I call “classic” kitchen gadgets. Yet, they withstand the test of time. Both are perfect to evenly distribute a heat source for better cooking. Plus, it is easy cleanup to wipe down and season each.
Pick up these items: