Affiliate Links in Post
Raising my hand as the Mason Jar lover again. Fall is the perfect time for Mason Jar Crafts. They are so shabby chic! Today I’m showing you my DIY Halloween Mason Jar Lanterns. An easy tutorial to create fun for pathway lighting or even pumpkin carving alternatives for the little ones.
I have also provided you with two FREE printable templates below to use in your craft. Simply print these PDF’s out on basic printer paper. They are sized to fit a Wide Mouth Quart Mason Jar. Add more around these Halloween mason jar lanterns and Make Fall Themed Wood Pallet Sign. For kid-friendly Halloween foods, check out this Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Quesadillas. Gooey and spooky!
Grab some of the items you might need here:
Watch the DIY Video:
DIY Halloween Mason Jar Lanterns
What You Need:
- Mason Wide Mouth Quart Jars (however many you want to create)
- Printable Templates
- Acrylic Paint (color of choice)
- Black Painters Marker
- 1/2 inch paint brush
- Begin by removing the lid to your Mason Jar.
- Cut out your template. Note that it doesn’t have to be perfect. Just enough to slip it into the jar.
- Slip in the template where you want to draw it on the jar.
- Using your black paint pen, trace out the template on the outside of the glass and fill in. Let dry for a minute or two.
- Pour in just a few drops of the acrylic paint into the bottom of the inside of the Mason Jar.
- Using your 1/2 inch paint brush, pull the acrylic paint up the sides of the Mason Jar. This doesn’t have to be perfect as you want the light to show through a bit.
- Let these dry overnight.
- Add an led candle to the bottom and enjoy!