The first day of school is a great time to create milestones and memories. The first day of school activities can include a special breakfast, new morning routines and the ever famous “first day of school” photo. Why not make this activity fun by printing and framing these First Day of School Sign Printables – For Grade School.
First Day of School signs are very popular but sometimes finding an easy one to print can be difficult. This is exactly why I created this one. No matter if you thought to do this last-minute or have been planning the perfect photo shoot for ages, this Back to School photo sign will be a fun addition.
First Day of School Sign Printables – For Grade School
I created these First Day of School Sign Printables specifically for Grade School. I want to create more “grown-up” printables for middle school and high school ages.
For now, this is the stage of life we are currently in, so it made sense to begin here. I still cannot believe our daughter is going to Preschool/PreK this year.
Where is the time going? I am so thankful to have these kinds of things to capture every moment. I hope you enjoy them too!
How to Download and Print This First Day of School Sign
- Download the PDF Files and Open
- Select “Print”
- In your printer settings select which page you would like to print
- Select Landscape Orientation
- Print on standard printer paper or card stock
- If you decide to frame, be sure to trim down the printable to an 8 1/2 x 10-inch frame
Have fun with these Back to School printables and I hope they make the First Day of School extra special. These are even fun Back to School ideas for teachers! Happy learning and making memories.
If you are looking for tips to photograph young kids or toddlers, be sure to check out my Tips for Photographing Toddlers. These might help in putting together a fun and relaxed photo session with your child at home.
Other fun ideas you can add to these signs are a large shirt with your child’s high school graduation date on it that you can watch them grow in every year.
You could also add a chalkboard and add some of their favorites that year or what they want to be when they grow up, etc.
Be sure to pose your kids in good lighting either by a naturally lit window or at the front door of your own home. This way, you can capture the best possible photo to remember their first day of school by.
Ready to celebrate the last day of school?
Check out my Last Day of School Sign Printables that match these for fun side-by-side photos. They will match the same grade and colors as this first day of school sign but will have the last day of school wording. One of my top requested printables.
Both signs are alike so that you can easily create a fun side-by-side frame for the grandparents or for at home. These type of photos make fun gift ideas too.
Some frame ideas for the sign:
More Back to School Tips and Ideas:
- School Supplies for the Best Price
- Last Day of School Sign Printables – For Grade School
- DIY Duck Tape Lunch Bag for Back to School
- Last Minute School Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids
- Easter Snacks for Preschoolers | Easter Printable
- Springfree Trampoline | The Perfect Homeschool PE
- Homeschool Supply List
- Homeschool Morning Routine
- Morning Checklist for Kids
- Preschool Chore Chart Printable
- Outdoor Alphabet Scavenger Hunt Printable