My kids are obsessed with Mickey Mouse. What better way to create a St. Patrick’s Day Children’s Craft featuring Mickey Mouse crafts. then to feature Mickey and Minnie Mouse? This is an easy kids craft that can be put together in minutes and be continued fun throughout the day.
How to Make a St. Patrick’s Day Children’s Felt Craft
This St. Patrick’s Day Children’s Craft is very easy and inexpensive to make. I picked up some colored felt at my local craft store for under five dollars. Then, it was simply cutting out the pieces to create the Mickey Mouse craft to celebrate St. Patrick’s day for toddlers and kids.
What are the best scissors to cut felt with?
Believe it or not, scissors are not all the same. There are plenty of different types of scissors for crafting but there are a few that work very well for cutting felt. Check out my favorite selection below.
Once everything was cut out and ready to go, my kids had fun “dressing up” the Mickey and Minnie felt cutouts with the different St. Patrick’s Day themed felt shapes. For an added flare, purchase the sparkle felt like I did for my Mickey and Minnie cut out.
Shamrocks are also simple to make by simply drawing heart shapes on four sides. Basically, draw the top of a heart shape and connect the sides to the next “leaf” without drawing the point.
St. Patricks Day Minnie and Mickey Mouse Felt Craft Supplies:
St. Patrick’s Day Minnie and Mickey Mouse Felt Craft Instructions:
- Begin by printing out the Mickey/Minnie Shaped Template.
- Cut out the template and place it on the black felt.
- Use the silver Sharpie to trace around the template onto the felt.
- Use your scissors (make sure they are sharpened) to cut out the Mickey/Minnie shape.
- Set aside to cut out the other shapes.
- Use your green and yellow felt and your black Sharpie to draw fun St. Patrick’s Day shapes. You can make a hat from the green felt, a bow with the yellow (draw two triangles with points touching) or Shamrocks (draw heart shapes on all four sides to make leaves).
Once all of your shapes are cut out, you can use this Mickey Mouse craft as an activity for the kids to “dress-up” their Mickey and Minnie. You can glue the pieces together if you want to make them for fun decorations.
My kids loved putting the pieces together and taking them apart. This Mickey Mouse Craft for toddlers and kids is super cute.
Have fun creating this St. Patrick’s Day Children’s Craft. Be sure to Pin for Later too. Print out this pretty St. Patrick’s Day Printable for your home. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!