Summer is here! Time to be out gardening, playing with the kids and enjoying time in the outdoors. I love decorating our patio for summer. Wreaths are something that can spruce up a door any time of the year. Today, I am sharing my Summer Flip-Flops Wreath Craft Tutorial.
Be sure to see the video below the instructions for a fun “fast forward” for a better idea of how to make a flip-flop wreath.
The other great part about flip-flop wreaths is how frugal they can be. I purchased all of the items at Dollar Tree for around $6. If you have a glue gun on hand, this craft won’t break the bank.
Summer Flip-Flops Wreath Craft Tutorial
What You Need
- On the front side of the metal wreath frame, begin gluing the flip-flops onto the frame one at a time. You can do any color coordination you wish.
- Try to line them up so that the inside of the foot of the flip-flops are facing toward the center of the frame. (see video for a visual below)
- Once all of the flip-flops are glued to the wreath, glue down any of the flip-flops that need more stability.
- Embellish by gluing silk flowers wherever you wish between or on the flip-flops.
- Let dry.
- Once dry, turn over the wreath and add glue to the back of each flip-flop and the wreath. This gives it more stability.
- Let dry again.
- Turn back over and hang on a door hook to enjoy.
This flip-flop wreath DIY is easy and a flip-flop wreath makes the perfect summer addition to any front door.
Watch the Video Tutorial for More!