Are you considering a stay at Yacht and Beach Club at Walt Disney World Resort? Have you wondered the differences in Beach Club vs Yacht Club? Which one is better, Beach Club or Yacht Club? Here are some answers from someone who has stayed at both.
I have had the privilege of staying at Yacht and Beach Club at Walt Disney World Resort. In 2015, I stayed at the Yacht Club side of the resort. This 2016, I stayed at the Beach Club side of the resort. In today’s post, I would like to share with you my thoughts on Yacht vs Beach Club at Walt Disney World Resort. Perhaps giving you some ideas to better choose what side you would like to stay on.
Yacht vs Beach Club at Walt Disney World
First, let’s give a little description of the Yacht vs Beach Club at Walt Disney World. Yacht and Beach Club are set in the Epcot Resort Area. It literally is a short walk or boat ride from International Gateway that enters into Epcot. It is also about a fifteen-minute walk or boat ride away from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This resort borders the same promenade as Boardwalk Resort does to Crescent Lake.
It honestly is one of the more peaceful and beautiful resorts that I have ever stayed in at Walt Disney World. I’ve found it to be family friendly with the qualities of a more “tame” place to stay. I also enjoy that it is easily accessible to two of the four theme parks without having to wait for a bus or drive.
Now that we’ve covered some of the location specs of Yacht vs Beach Club at Walt Disney World, let’s chat about the Pros and Cons of each.
Walt Disney World Yacht Club
Yacht Club PROS
- Disney’s Yacht Club rooms offer beautiful views of Crescent Lake. Gorgeous at night with the lights of Boardwalk reflecting off the water and distant sounds of the boats and nightlife.
- Second bus stop in a long list of Swan and Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk.
- Nearly straight-across access to the boats for Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Quick walk to the Convention Center if attending a business conference.
- More table dining selections in walking distance.
- Easier access to StormAlong Bay pool.
- Bus station to resorts seems a little closer the o entrance.
- Rooms with balconies are larger than Beach Club rooms. Complete with chairs for a relaxing evening.
Yacht Club CONS
- Yacht Club’s lobby seems “busier”. I believe this is due to the close proximity to the boat launches.
- Noise level seems a little louder in some areas due to what I believe is being closer to Boardwalk, the boat launch, etc.
- Yacht Club doesn’t seem as bright and airy as Beach Club. More likely due to the more “ship-like” theme. Darker woods and golds.
Walt Disney World Beach Club
Beach Club PROS
- Closer walking distance to Epcot. Not that much of a difference, but in the heat, even a few steps seem like a mile.
- Some of the higher rooms with a “woods view” might have a decent view of Illuminations fireworks in the evenings.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort feels very bright and airy both in the lobby and rooms. You truly are swept away to a beachside resort.
- I feel like Beach Club lobby is a lot “quieter” than the Yacht Club.
- The Sandcastle Club kids activity center for kids ages 3-12 years is located in Beach Club.
- It seems there are more quick service dining options within an easier walking distance with Beaches and Cream, Beach Club Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna’s.
- Beach Club feels a bit more “kid friendly” with the Sandcastle Club, Volleyball court outside, the Lafferty Place arcade and easy access to the beach where movie nights are offered.
Beach Club CONS
- Most rooms with a balcony (with the exception of a few with the lake view) are smaller than Yacht Club rooms. Usually standing room only without chairs.
- If you are attending a conference, be prepared to take an extra few minutes to walk to the convention center every day.
- It is a bit of a walk to the bus station for the resort bus transportation. Plan for an extra few minutes.
- Beach Club is the third stop of four on bus transportation.
Thoughts on Yacht vs Beach Club at Walt Disney World
After staying at both sister resorts, I have to lean my favorite toward Beach Club. I have read that many compare Beach Club to the Grand Floridian. Favoring one over the other. Having also stayed at the Grand Floridian, I can see why both are compared.
Both are very light, fun and whimsical. I’m honestly one who is in the middle of enjoying both. I think the difference for me is if you prefer a short ride to the Magic Kingdom or a short walk to Epcot.
Is Beach Club or Yacht Club family friendly?
I enjoyed staying at Yacht Club last year, but I truly feel like that resort is more “adult friendly”. It is lovely, but if I were to take my entire family, I would lean more toward Beach Club. I loved walking out in the evening and seeing the families enjoying the movies on the beach.
During the day, the volleyball court and grass areas were filled with families having fun passing a ball around. A great break from the parks.
I will say that I missed the view I had at the Yacht Club in the evening. Nothing beats that gorgeous Crescent Lake view at night. The lights from Boardwalk dancing on the waters, with the hum of the boats and nightlife. Gorgeous!
Is Beach Club or Yacht Club close to Epcot?
Yacht and Beach Club have quickly become one of my favorite Deluxe Resort stays. Being particular to Epcot, I love that I can easily access my favorite park from the more quiet entrance of International Gateway.
I can also easily sneak away back to the resort after watching Illuminations without fighting a crowd to the front of the park. Not to mention, easy access to a macaron (or two) at the French Pavilion.
Choosing Yacht vs Beach Club at Walt Disney World comes with a personal preference of what your vacation inhibits. If you are with family and kids, I personally recommend Disney’s Beach Club Resort. If you are staying as a couple or want a more “adult friendly” location, I would choose Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. I also would choose Beach Club if you want more of the whimsical feel to your stay. It just all depends on what you are looking for.
Both sides offer great amenities. StormAlong Bay pool is top at the Walt Disney World Resort. You cannot go wrong being on either side for access to this pool. And while each side offers pros and cons, both are within a simple walking distance to one another. You can enjoy what both sides have to offer.
Tweet me what your favorite side of Yacht and Beach Club is. I’d love to hear more of why you prefer a certain side. Happy planning of your next Disney vacation!
More Disney Vacation Planning Tips
- Disneyland Parking Fee; Is It Worth It?
- Why the Best Time to Visit Walt Disney World is in the Fall
- Should You Use a Stroller at Walt Disney World?
- How to Plan a Walt Disney World Birthday for Kids
- Disneyland Trip with Friends; Why You Should Take One
- Walt Disney World Park Tips for Parents
Disclaimer: I received a discounted price for hotel and ticket package during my stay for Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. All opinions are my own. Of course, I wanted to share the details of this fabulous opportunity.