Did someone say birthday cake? And in a muffin for breakfast? Yes, please! These Birthday Cake Muffins are a fun treat.
I love how combining the sprinkles into the mixture causes fun and colorful filling. The texture of the muffin is just right.
Enough of a crisp crust on the outside but warm and moist on the inside so that it doesn’t crumble everywhere.
It is enjoyable with its drizzled powdered sugar and lemon zing. I think both adults and kids will rave over this flavor. These muffins are a great alternative to birthday cake and a mix of fun at any party.
These are a fun treat any time too. Who says you can’t have unbirthday cake? Why not celebrate all year long with this birthday breakfast idea? Add these to your muffin recipes to celebrate anytime.
These muffins are also great for school lunch snacks too. No need to buy the boxed brands. Be sure to store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days to keep fresh.
Easy Party Muffins Ingredients
- baking powder
- rainbow sprinkles
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar
- lemon juice
- additional rainbow sprinkles for garnishment
How to make Birthday Muffins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sprinkles, and salt and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk, oil, and eggs.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold until just barely blended.
Pour batter into liners and fill about three-quarters full.
Bake for about 13-17 minutes and then let the cupcakes cool in the baking pan.
Stir together confections sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Remove muffins from pan and drizzle with the icing.
Garnish with sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sprinkles, and salt - set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk, oil, and eggs
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold until just barely blended
- Pour batter into liners and fill about three-quarters full
- Bake for about 13-17 minutes - cool in pan
- Stir together confections sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl
- Remove muffins from pan and drizzle with the icing
- Garnish with sprinkles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are not always accurate.
More Kid-Friendly Recipe Ideas:
- Movie Night Ideas with Paddington Bear
- Frobscottle Recipe and THE BFG
- Fruit and Veggie Rainbow Pizza Bagels
- Apple Banana Toddler Bites
- Stuffed Sausage Biscuits with Habanero Cheese and Apples
Grab some of what you need: